Intuitive tool to get 3D mixes ready to ship for headphones.
Binauralizer Studio is a spatial audio plugin (VST, AU, AAX) to convert surround tracks (up to 22.2) to binaural 3D audio. It conserves all spatial information contained in the original multichannel track, and translates it into binaural for listening over headphones.
Several input formats are accepted, including stereo, quad, 5.1, 7.1, along with new immersive formats (with height) such as 7.1.2, 7.1.6, … up to 22.2. For each format, several channel orders are available, leading to a versatile binaural downmixer.
Binauralizer Studio uses Head Related Transfer Functions (HRTF) for binaural processing. Precise measurements of the Neumann KU 100 dummy head (credit Audio Group TH Köln) have been carefully modelled and included in the plugin. Custom HRTF and Binaural Room Impulse Responses (BRIR) can also be loaded in the SOFA format, for personalized binaural downmixes.
- Input : multiple standard formats (stereo, quad, 5.1, 7.1.2, … up to 22.2)
- Output : binaural 3D audio
- SOFA importer for custom HRTF and BRIR
- Sampling frequency up to 192 kHz
- Solo mode to hear individual input channels
- Option to low-pass filter LFE channel
A bridge between multichannel systems and binaural audio.
The two main use-cases for Binauralizer Studio are :
– convert existing mixes (stereo or surround) into binaural audio for headphone delivery
– create surround mixes on headphones (when you don’t have access to a physical loudspeaker setup).
Binauralizer Studio does not replace our native binaural panner Binauralizer. It complements it to handle massive multichannel inputs. A new version of the panner (Binauralizer 2) is currently in development and should be ready quite soon. Stay tuned.
A word about SOFA
Binauralizer includes a SOFA importer, with a drag and drop interface. This lets you choose “the head you want” for binaural rendering. Several SOFA files are accessible on the SOFA conventions website. They have been measured on different humans or mannequins. Just drag and drop them into Binauralizer Studio option window to replace the default filters.