Ambi Head is a professional plugin for converting ambisonic signals into 3D binaural audio. It allows manipulations of 3D scenes (rotations and control of spatial width) and contains HRTF filters specifically designed for immersive listening and accurate reproduction of B-format signals.
Three HRTF sets are currently included in the plugin, allowing to switch between different renderings :
- HRTF designed by Noise Makers
- HRTF designed by Google, to monitor mixes exactly as they will sound in Youtube 360
- HRTF designed by Sennheiser AMBEO, to reproduce the legendary Neumann KU 100 head. These filters are ideal to binauralize sounds recorded with the AMBEO VR Mic.
Custom HRTF filters can also be loaded via the integrated SOFA importer, for personalized binaural rendering.
An integrated Goniometer provides visual display of the binaural output (Lissajous display) giving insights into the scene spatial properties.
For more questions and troubleshooting, please visit Ambi Pan/Head FAQ.
- 3D binaural decoding of Ambisonic signals
- Spatial width control
- Yaw Pitch Roll parameters for 3D rotations
- Include latest Youtube 360 HRTF New in v1.3
- Include AMBEO Neumann KU 100 HRTF New in v1.3
- Compatibility with Google Jump Inspector for Phone/Head tracking
- SOFA importer for custom HRTF filters
- Support long reverberant HRTF filters (up to 51200 samples)
- Goniometer (Lissajous display of the binaural output)
- Sampling frequency up to 192 kHz
- Support ambiX (WYZX) and FuMa (WXYZ)
- Input : B-format (ambiX or FuMa)
- Output : BINAURAL STEREO
Ambisonics is a “scene-based” paradigm to capture, transform and render 3D audio. It is ideal for 360 videos and interactive media allowing listeners to rotate their head into the scene. If you never heard about it, a good introduction is available on Wikipedia. Free ambisonic wavfiles are also available (e.g., www.ambisonia.com).
In practice, first-order Ambisonics is a 3D extension of mid/side stereo with additional height and depth channels. The resulting 4-channel signal set is called B-format. Several microphones and plugins exist to record and process B-format. For example :
Ambi Head complements these tools. It offers an efficient and accurate solution for binaural rendering of ambisonic scenes. The internal filters have been designed for immersive 3D listening. Users can also use Youtube 360 HRTFs (included in Ambi Head) or load their own HRTFs thanks to the integrated SOFA importer. This makes Ambi Head a universal solution for binaural Ambisonics, recommended in Sennheiser AMBEO Blueprints.