Ambi Head HD is a professional plugin for converting ambisonic signals (ambiX up to order 3) into 3D binaural audio. It allows manipulations of 3D scenes (rotations and control of spatial width) and contains HRTF filters specifically designed for immersive listening and accurate reproduction.
Since v1.3, Ambi Head HD has a free add-on called Ambi Eyes. Ambi Eyes is a 360 video player, sending head rotations to Ambi Head HD in real-time. This allows to monitor monoscopic 360 videos while authoring the ambisonic mix.
- 3D binaural rendering of ambiX (up to order 3)
- Yaw Pitch Roll parameters for 3D rotations
- Include AMBEO Neumann KU 100 HRTF
- Include latest Youtube and FB 360 HRTF
- Compatibility with Ambi Eyes for 360 video monitoring
- Spatial width control
- SOFA importer for custom HRTF filters
- Support long reverberant HRTF filters (up to 51200 samples)
- Goniometer (Lissajous display of the binaural output)
- Sampling frequency up to 192 kHz
- Input : ambiX (up to order 3)
- Output : BINAURAL STEREO
Three High Order Ambisonic (HOA) HRTFs are included in the plugin :
- Sennheiser AMBEO, reproducing the legendary Neumann KU 100.
- Google, to listen to ambisonic mixes exactly as they’ll sound in Youtube 360.
- Facebook, to listen to ambisonic mixes exactly as they’ll sound in Facebook 360.
Custom HRTF filters can also be loaded via the integrated SOFA importer, for personalized binaural rendering.
An integrated Goniometer provides visual display of the binaural output (Lissajous display) giving insights into the scene spatial properties.
Ambisonics is a “scene-based” paradigm to capture, transform and render 3D audio. It is ideal for 360 videos and interactive media allowing listeners to rotate their head into the scene. If you never heard about it, a good introduction is available on Wikipedia. Free ambisonic wavfiles are also available (e.g., www.ambisonia.com).
In practice, first-order Ambisonics is a 3D extension of mid/side stereo with additional height and depth channels. High Order Ambisonics futher extends the localization accuracy and immersion capabilities.
Ambi Head offers an efficient and accurate solution for binaural rendering of ambisonic scenes up to order 3 (16 audio channels).
For questions and troubleshooting, please visit Ambi Pan/Head FAQ.