Binauralizer is a spatial audio plugin (VST, AU, AAX) for binaural panning and downmix of multichannel audio. It uses Head Related Transfer Functions (HRTFs) specifically designed to simulate sound location/width with great accuracy and naturalness.
- Full 360° panning with LEFT/RIGHT and FRONT/BACK effects
- Pad for simultaneous control of source WIDTH and POSITION
- SOFA importer for custom HRTF filters
- Sampling frequency up to 192 kHz
- Angle knob with endless rotation (double click to reset Angle to 0) (new in v1.4)
- Inputs : MONO, STEREO, SURROUND (5.1 or 7.1)
- Output : BINAURAL STEREO
A word about SOFA
Binauralizer includes a SOFA importer, with a drag and drop interface. This lets you choose “the head you want” for binaural rendering. Several SOFA files are accessible on the SOFA conventions website. They have been measured on different humans or mannequins. Just drag and drop them into Binauralizer option window to replace the default filters. For example, a SOFA measurement of the Neumann KU 100 is provided here (credits Fachhochschule Köln).